All five fall teams are in action again, and the golf team closes out the season at the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference championship, this week in Alverno College Athletics.
Monday, Sept. 26
- 6 p.m., Tennis vs. Milwaukee School of Engineering (at Greenfield H.S.)
Wednesday, Sept. 28
- 4 p.m., Soccer vs. Edgewood College
Friday, Sept. 30
- 12 p.m., Golf at NACC Championship, Round 1 (at Brighton Dale Links)
- 7 p.m., Volleyball at Edgewood College
Saturday, Oct. 1
- 10 a.m., Tennis vs. Wisconsin Lutheran College (at Nicolet H.S.)
- 11 a.m., Golf at NACC Championship, Round 2 (at Brighton Dale Links)
- 12 p.m., Cross Country at WLC Warrior Invitational (at Greenfield Park)
- 1 p.m., Soccer at Milwaukee School of Engineering
- 6 p.m., Volleyball at Lakeland University
Sunday, Oct. 2
- 9 a.m., Tennis vs. Mills College (at Nicolet H.S.)
- 11 a.m., Golf at NACC Championship, Round 3 (at Brighton Dale Links)
- 1 p.m., Tennis vs. Westminster College of Missouri (at Nicolet H.S.)
Inferno Cross Country
The Inferno runners make the short trip to Greenfield Park for Saturday's Warrior Invitational hosted by Wisconsin Lutheran. Alverno competed in the race last season but didn't earn a team score. This will be the same course as this year's NACC Championship, a preview for the season finale.
The Inferno golfers close out the fall season at the 2016 NACC Women's Golf Championship this weekend at Brighton Dale Links in Kansasville.
Alverno has placed eighth each of the last two seasons and looks to move up the standings this year after firing off two of the best rounds of the season last week.
Alverno (5-2, 1-1 NACC) looks to regroup after a shutout loss at WL C Saturday. The Inferno hosts Edgewood (6-2, 2-0) Wednesday before a crosstown trip to MSOE (5-2, 2-0) Saturday for the Red Rivalry Cup.
The Eagles have won their last three games and all eight of their contests this season have been decided by a single goal.
Winners of two straight, the Raiders will take on Maranatha Baptist University Tuesday at University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Thursday before the Red Rivalry Game Saturday against the Inferno.
Alverno has yet to notch a win in either of the all-time series, with Edgewood leading 13-0 and MSOE 18-0.
Live video and live stats will be available for both games with links available on athletics.alverno.edu.
Alverno (5-6, 3-2 NACC) earned a nonconference split in a pair of duals last week with Bethany Lutheran College, a 7-2 win, and UW-Stout, a 7-2 loss.
The Inferno takes on fellow Milwaukeeans, MSOE (3-5, 2-2) Monday and WLC (3-5, 1-3) Saturday, in NACC action before a nonconference double dual Sunday versus Mills (0-0) and Westminster (0-0).
Alverno leads the all-time series versus MSOE, 4-3, is tied with Westminster, 1-1, trails WLC, 4-3, and will take on the Cyclones for the first time.
Alverno (3-16, 1-2 NACC) went 1-3 last week with a 3-1 win at Mount Mary Friday evening. The Inferno hits the road for a pair of NACC matches Friday at Edgewood and Saturday at Lakeland.
The Eagles (7-8, 2-0) are coming off a 1-3 weekend with their lone win a 3-2 victory over Buena Vista University, who the Inferno lost to earlier in the season.
The Muskies (8-8, 1-0) also went 1-3 in the same tournament with a 3-0 victory over BVU to open play. Lakeland will play at Marian Tuesday before Saturday's matchup with Alverno.
The Inferno trails both all-time series, 0-20 against Edgewood and 1-17 versus Lakeland.
Live video and live stats will be available for both contests with links available on athletics.alverno.edu.