All five of the Inferno's fall teams are in action again, including the golf team's final regular season event.
- Tuesday, September 22
- 4 p.m., Tennis at Concordia University Wisconsin
- Wednesday, September 23
- 7 p.m., Volleyball at Aurora University
- Friday, September 25
- 12 p.m., Golf at Mount Mary University
- 3 p.m. ET, Volleyball at Finlandia University (Finlandia Invitational Tournament)
- 8:30 p.m. ET, Volleyball vs. Silver Lake College (Finlandia Invitational Tournament)
- Saturday, September 26
- 9 a.m. ET, Volleyball vs. Maranatha Baptist University (Finlandia Invitational Tournament)
- 10 a.m., Cross Country at Maranatha Baptist University (Sabercats Invitational)
- 10 a.m., Tennis vs. Ripon College
- 2 p.m., Soccer vs. Wisconsin Lutheran College
- 3 p.m. ET, Volleyball vs. Great Lakes Christian College (Finlandia Invitational Tournament)
- Sunday, September 27
- 1 p.m., Soccer at Knox College
Inferno Cross Country
Many Inferno runners saw impressive improvements in their times from opening week to last week's Red Hawk Invitational. Alverno looks for additional advances this weekend at Maranatha.
Alverno shot its second best team round of the year in the team's final home meet of the year on Sunday, and finishes off the regular season Friday in a fourth dual meet at Mount Mary. The Blue Angels have taken two of the three matchups so far this season.
The Inferno (1-4, 0-1 NACC) lost its conference opener at Lakeland on Saturday, but looks to bounce back against Wisconsin Lutheran (0-7-1, 0-1) this Saturday at home. Last season the two crosstown foes went to overtime where the Warriors came out on top 2-1.
On Sunday, Alverno travels to Knox (7-1) for the teams' second all-time meeting and first since 2002.
All time, the Inferno is 2-10 against WLC and 0-1 versus the Prairie Fire.
Both contests will be broadcast live with links available on athletics.alverno.edu.
Alverno lost a pair of conference duals this past weekend to drop to 4-3, 3-2 NACC. The team travels to Concordia Wisconsin (6-1, 6-0) Tuesday for another league contest before it hosts Ripon (2-8) Saturday in nonconference play.
The Inferno trails the Falcons 0-7 all time, and is 1-1 against the Red Hawks.
The Inferno (4-8, 0-2) takes its current two-match winning streak to Aurora (7-6, 1-0) Wednesday, and then heads up to Michigan for the Finlandia Invitational Tournament to take on the host Lions (5-6), Lakers (4-8), Sabercats (6-5) and the Lakes (0-15)
Last season, Alverno lost to the Spartans 3-0, and went 2-1 at Finlandia's Invite.
In the all-time series, Alverno trails Aurora (11-0) and Maranatha (17-0), is tied with both Finlandia (6-6) and Grate Lakes (1-1), and leads Silver Lake (2-0).
Aurora will broadcast live video of Wednesday's match with links available on athletics.alverno.edu.